Choosing care is a very personal decision and there will be issues specific to each individual situation when making decisions regarding care. It is important to make a short list of factors that are important to you or your relative. However, there are a number of issues that you should particularly take into consideration. For example:
- Is the home/care agency registered to provide appropriate care?
- Does the home/care agency have a good reputation locally?
- Are the care provider’s terms and conditions clear?
- Do you understand the fee structure?
- Is there a clear complaints procedure?
- Are copies of inspection reports available to you?
- Are care plans in place and are these regularly reviewed?